January 2021 Dates of Interest
- January 4, 1643, is the official birthdate of Isaac Newton. The actual date has been disputed, and it was originally claimed to be December 25, 1642, so we can still sing the NewtonMass Carol.
- On January 8, 1610, astronomers Simon Marius and Galileo Galilei independently discovered four moons of Jupiter.
- January 11 is Learn Your Name in Morse Code Day. (Our name is _._. .._. .. _._.)
- January 18 is Thesaurus Day. Let’s celebrate by eating synonym buns!
- On January 29, 1895, Charles Steinmetz patented a “system of distribution by alternating current” (A/C power).
If you celebrate any of these, or have suggestions for upcoming celebrations or observances, please drop us a line or send a picture to CriticalLinks@centreforinquiry.ca.