Happy Summer Solstice 2020
Happy summer solstice. Here it is, the longest day of the year. We hope that the extra daytime hours will provide you with extra time to commit to becoming more involved with Centre for Inquiry Canada. CFIC helps people to make decisions based on evidence, rational thinking and compassion. We know what a positive difference those kinds of decisions make for people, communities and organizations. With your involvement we can do even more.
- brought you 12 editions of Critical Links; sharing the latest news and information to help you make good decisions,
- exposed the cost of tax exemptions for donations to charities identifying under the “advancement of religion” classification of charities,
- supported a refugee fleeing persecution for blasphemy in Pakistan
- brought you reliable information about COVID-19
- temporarily moved all of our programs on-line.
I believe Canada needs a watchdog to keep an eye on all the bafflegab that comes out of certain agenda-driven groups.
— Mark, Nova Scotia
Our members and donors ensure that we can confidently expand programming and respond quickly to current events. Our volunteers write, research, plan and organize so that we can continuously improve. This has been more critical in 2020 than at any time in our history.
While the past months have been challenging for all Canadians, we hope that CFIC has helped you to find reliable information about the pandemic, to find interesting programming to fill your mind and your hours, and provided community in a time of isolation. As we move to the reopening of Canada, we hope that you will continue to trust us to bring you the information you want. But we can’t do this without you.
Here are a few ways you can help support the work of CFIC: