United Way, Employee Giving and Centre For inquiry Canada
The United Way will process your donation and issue you a charitable receipt. They will also forward your designated gift to CFI Canada. Currently, CFI Canada receives gifts from generous supporters like you in Toronto, Vancouver and Ottawa via United Way Campaigns.
CFI Canada is the leading Canadian charitable organization dedicated to secularism, skepticism, science and free thought…. we need your support!
If your employer provides a United Way employee-giving campaign, or manages one directly (such as the Government of Canada Workplace Charitable Campaign mentioned below), you can support CFI Canada by designating our charitable number.
Ask your Employee Campaign Coordinator or team about directing your donation to a charity of your choice, or ask your United Way agency about their Designated Gift Policy. Here are a couple of examples to help you inquire about your local designation options:
United Way of the Lower Mainland’s annual campaign presents donors with several giving options. One option allows donors to directly designate gifts to any registered Canadian charity.
United Way of Ottawa supports and invests in over 100 agency programs and services….touched all of the 107 neighborhoods across Ottawa. UWO co-manages the Government of Canada Workplace Charitable Campaign (GCWCC) run in all 101 government departments and agencies. This results in a high level of donor-designated donations that UWO collects and disburses to the charities of the donor’s choice.
A few facts about CFI Canada:
- as a registered charity,we are able to issue charitable receipts and receive gifts via United Way or employee giving
- Your gift of $10, $25 or $50 will go help to fulfill our 2015 donation target of $60,000
- CFI Canada is volunteer-driven and directed – we do not have a large staff or administrative overhead
- Planned Giving At Centre For Inquiry Canada
- Gifts in Kind at Centre For Inquiry Canada
- CFI Canada Applauds the Norwegian Government
- Canada’s 42nd Election: Secularism and Science
- CFI Canada: Setting Our Agenda
- Congratulations to CFI (US) on Leadership Transition
- Consumer Education and Advocacy
- 2016 Fundraising Campaign
- Kids For Inquiry Canada
- Looking Back, Looking Forward: A Year-End Perspective For 2015/2016
- Pseudo-Science: Inquiries into the Incursion of Pseudo-science into Health Services Education
- CFI On Pseudo-Science and Religion in Healthcare
- End Blasphemy Laws Now!
- Chilliwack: Rejects Dawkins’ The Magic of Reality
- City of Ottawa’s Hijab Day
- 17 Organizations Issue Joint Statement to PM Trudeau
- Celsius42 TCS (Tumour Cell Solution) Inquiry
- CFIC Implores the Canadian Government To Help Tareq Rahim
- Saskatchewan Burlesque Controversy
- Saskatchewan Wants a Secular Government
- CFIC Discusses Bangladesh with UNHCR and ORF
- Quebec’s Bill 59: A Hate Speech Bill
- Canada’s New Parliamentary E-Petition System
- Getting Involved!
- Parliamentary E-Petition Opposing Canada’s Blasphemy Law
- Centre For Inquiry Canada Podcast
- Montreal Pride
- A Brief History of Secularism in Canada
- Have You Ever Inquired About Services at a Naturopathic Clinic?
- Reason For Change
- University of Toronto Scarborough
- Critical Evaluation of Journalism: Deadly and Dangerous Pseudoscience
- O! Canada
- Muti: Traditional Medicine Practice in Africa
- CFIC Prince Edward Island
- Recollections of the Founding of CFI Canada
- Brad Wall’s Christmas Message: Should Saskatchewan Secularists Complain?
- Thermal Imaging for Breast Cancer Not Approved in Canada
- CFIC’s Darwin Day Headquarters
- Paris, November 2015
- Science Over Naturopathy in Sentencing of David and Collet Stephan
- Extraordinary Claims Website
- Institute of Holistic Nutrition
- Physician Assisted Dying: Use Science and Secular Values – Not Dogma
- C-14 Passed
- CFIC Condemns Ongoing Faith-Based Murders in Bangladesh
- Brussels March 2016
- Bangladesh: Protection For Secular Human Rights and Atheist Bloggers
- CFIC Joins Call to Repeal Greek Blasphemy Law
- Ashu Solo vs City of Saskatoon and Randy Donauer
- CFIC Remembers Our Friends
- CFI Canada Discourse #3: Telepathy Proved !?
- Joint Statement Condemning Bangladesh Government
- York University
- Skull Suture Manipulation on Children with Autism and/or ADHD
- CFI Regina
- Still Small Voices Book Launch
- John Hofsess: Humanist Perspectives
- Pope Has Nerve Citing Ideology: (His trip to Cuba)