Extraordinary Claims Website
graphics featured in the article, presumably provided by The National Post staffers, include a mock-up of CFI Canada’s Extraordinary Claims bus-ad campaign. The Extraordinary Claims website was launched by CFI Canada in 2010 as a forum for CFI Canada’s position statements regarding various claims – some controversial and some not so controversial.
In 2014, CFI Canada launched a new video series entitled Teaching the Controversy with a brief overview of the website with CFIC Board member, Wil McDowall.
We don’t see anything particularly “militant” about requiring people who make assertions to provide evidence of their assertions…..but we are proud to provide through the Extraordinary Claims website not only our positions but also a forum for the public to weigh-in with their evidence and perspectives.
To visit the site, simply click on the link in the Science tab of our menu or place this link in your browser:
For links to Black’s article and responses, scroll to the bottom of his page.
- Muti: Traditional Medicine Practice in Africa
- End Blasphemy Laws Now!
- Dangerous Dilutions
- WiFi Rats
- Saskatchewan Burlesque Controversy
- Institute of Holistic Nutrition
- CFI On Pseudo-Science and Religion in Healthcare
- CFI Canada Applauds the Norwegian Government
- CFI Canada Discourse #3: Telepathy Proved !?
- Quebec’s Bill 59: A Hate Speech Bill
- CFIC Condemns Ongoing Faith-Based Murders in Bangladesh
- Canada’s 42nd Election: Secularism and Science
- Brussels March 2016
- Chilliwack: Rejects Dawkins’ The Magic of Reality
- Science Over Naturopathy in Sentencing of David and Collet Stephan
- C-14 Passed
- City of Ottawa’s Hijab Day
- Saskatchewan Wants a Secular Government
- Keeping Religion out of Schools in Alberta
- Thermal Imaging for Breast Cancer Not Approved in Canada
- Consumer Education and Advocacy
- Critical Evaluation of Journalism: Deadly and Dangerous Pseudoscience
- Skull Suture Manipulation on Children with Autism and/or ADHD
- Reason For Change
- Celsius42 TCS (Tumour Cell Solution) Inquiry
- York University
- Paris, November 2015
- CFI Canada: Setting Our Agenda
- O! Canada
- Pseudo-Science: Inquiries into the Incursion of Pseudo-science into Health Services Education
- Physician Assisted Dying: Use Science and Secular Values – Not Dogma
- University of Toronto Scarborough
- CFIC Joins Call to Repeal Greek Blasphemy Law
- Ashu Solo vs City of Saskatoon and Randy Donauer
- CFIC Remembers Our Friends
- CFI Halifax
- Have You Ever Inquired About Services at a Naturopathic Clinic?
- Looking Back, Looking Forward: A Year-End Perspective For 2015/2016
- CFIC Discusses Bangladesh with UNHCR and ORF
- Congratulations to CFI (US) on Leadership Transition
- Canada’s New Parliamentary E-Petition System
- Joint Statement Condemning Bangladesh Government
- CFIC’s Darwin Day Headquarters
- Bangladesh: Protection For Secular Human Rights and Atheist Bloggers
- CFIC Implores the Canadian Government To Help Tareq Rahim
- Newborn Examination
- Brad Wall’s Christmas Message: Should Saskatchewan Secularists Complain?
- Kids For Inquiry Canada
- CFI Canada Office Relocation
- 17 Organizations Issue Joint Statement to PM Trudeau
- CFIC Goes to Reason Rally 2016
- 2016 Fundraising Campaign
- Getting Involved!
- John Hofsess: Humanist Perspectives
- A Brief History of Secularism in Canada
- ICABL Charter
- Parliamentary E-Petition Opposing Canada’s Blasphemy Law
- CFIC Prince Edward Island
- Montreal Pride