- BECOME A FRIEND OF CFI CANADA
- RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
- MAKE A DONATION
- SET UP A MONTHLY PLEDGE
Why Become a Donor or Friend of the Centre for Inquiry?
CFI Canada is entirely supported by private donations from supporters like you. Your donations are put to use in many ways:
- They support our events at which thousands of Canadians are educated about reason and science.
- They help support our staff as we take on the issues that matter most to you.
- They help support our lending library hosting one of the largest collections of freethought literature in the country.
All of these things would not be possible without your commitment as a donor.
When you become a Friend of the Centre for Inquiry Canada or a donor, you aren't just joining a community, you are making a statement. You are making a commitment to critical thinking, scientific literacy, secular humanism, and freedom of thought in Canada and across the world. By getting involved, you are adding your voice to the thousands of others who are ready to make a stand for science and reason.
Recently CFI Canada has worked on these critical initiatives:
- Fighting against the Ugandan anti-gay legislation
- Official scientific advisers in multi-million dollar litigation against the largest homeopathic manufacturer in Canada
- Forcing the Catholic school system to allow Gay-Straight Alliances in Ontario
Will You Make a Commitment to Reason and Science Today?For auto-renewing memberships
For non-renewing purchases of membership
Once you become a Friend of the Centre you will be supporting every issue we take on, every battle we fight, every media appearance in which we engage and every event we host.
Your Friend of the Centre card takes about 4 weeks to arrive by mail. However, other benefits, such as discounted admission to events, may be enjoyed immediately simply by presenting your ID at any event.
Make a monthly donation to CFI Canada:
Make a one-time donation to CFI Canada
Magazines from Center for Inquiry (US)
You may wish to subscribe to Free Inquiry or Skeptical Inquirer Magazines. Please note that subscriptions must be renewed every year.
Canadian charity law prohibits tax receipts for any transactions which grant benefit to the giver. Membership purchases and magazine subscriptions do not qualify for a tax receipt. However, any donation amount beyond the membership/subscription value will be receipted. Alternatively, donors who do not also ask to become Friends of the Centre receive a tax receipt for the full amount of their donation.
Note: If you should decide to end your automatic annual renewal, simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-663-8198.
Your $30 membership fee entitles you to the financial benefits of membership, By Canadian law, is not considered a charitable gift. If you would prefer, you can make a donation without membership
If you have ordered magazine subscriptions, please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery. ALso, though your membership card(s) will take about 4 weeks to arrive by mail, you can take advantage of the benefits of membership, such as free access to regular events, may by simply by presenting your ID at the door.
As an alternative to making an online purchase, you can use one of the following methods to join as a Friend of CFI Canada, renew your membership, or make a donation:
- By phone: Call 613-663-8198 to charge your membership or donation to your credit card.
- By mail: Send your cheque or money order (along with your membership form if applicable) to
CFI Canada, 55 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 604 Toronto ON, M4P 1G8
For further information about CFI membership or donations, please contact us 613-663-8198.