CFI US Presents: Women in Secularism III
It’s time for the third Women in Secularism conference, an unmissable event that will tackle some of freethought’s burning questions:
A wave of oppression around the world is being justified by religious dogma with an aim to drag women’s rights back to the Bronze Age. —Can the tide be turned?
Women who attempt to leave a religion too often face family estrangement, community exile, or even violence. —Can we create an environment where women are free to question faith without fear?
Women and minorities continue to be underrepresented in the secular movement. —Can we right this wrong and strengthen the movement?
The answer to all of these is YES.
We can do it.
Register now for Women in Secularism III, May 16-18 in Alexandria, VA, just outside of Washington DC. See a powerful roster of speakers and panelists from the worlds of social justice, freethought activism, journalism, and academia confront these questions and much more.
CFI member discounts are available, and student members of CFI receive a special rate of $50 (or $35 until March 14).
To see a sample of what’s coming up, you can view videos from WIS II here
- A conversation, a challenge, a risk.
- February 26 – Avijit Roy Day Honouring Murdered Atheist Writers in Bangladesh
- CFI Canada 2014: Moving Forward
- Canada is Repealing its Blasphemy Law
- International Women’s Day
- CFI Manitoba
- Founders of Centre for Inquiry Canada
- CFIC Logo Designs
- CFIC’s Ethical Perspectives
- The Cave Painter
- CFIC’s Mission, Vision, and Values
- CFIC Core Areas of Focus
- CFI Canada Resources for Students
- HUMAN RIGHTS
- Not Over Yet! Humanists Should Speak out on the Right to Die with Dignity
- Thanks for supporting CFI Canada
- Welcome to the Centre for Inquiry
- A Call for Justice
- CFI Canada at the Office of Religious Freedom’s EAC
- Governance Documents
- Welcome members
- CFIC Library needs your help!
- Secular, Humanist and Freethought Links
- Centre for Inquiry Globally
- Update on Parliamentary Petition e-382 calling for the elimnation of Canada’s anti-blasphemy law
- “Mythinformation”: Robert Price vs Bart Ehrman
- Press Centre
- SOS: Secular Sobriety
- Pro-Vaccination Art
- Assisted Dying in Canada: Where Do We Go From Here
- Is God a Figment of our Imagination?
- Winnipeg Bus Shelter Ads Highlight Human Rights Violations
- Cupping: Premier pseudoscience for the Games of the XXXI Olympiad
- CFI Canada Condemns All Faith-Based Violence
- Secular Community Services
- CFIDiscourse #2: On Pseudo-skepticism and the Vice of Open-Mindedness
- History and Mandate
- International Human Rights
- CFIC Discourse
- Supreme Court Decision
- Canada’s Blasphemous Libel Law
- CFI Canada Student Campus Groups
- 2016 CFIC AGM and Elections Notice
- Spoon Bending and Higher Learning
- Who is CFIC, and what do we do?
- Canada Deserves Better Than Pope John Paul II Day
- CFIC’s founding principles
- Secular Humanists and Atheists Grieve With the Nation
- Will You Make a Commitment to Reason and Science Today?
- Iceland Removes Blasphemy Law!
- 2018 Message from the Chair of the Board of Directors
- Canada’s Office of Religious Freedom
- Canada’s Standing Committee on Health (HESA): Report 13