CFI US Presents: Women in Secularism III
It’s time for the third Women in Secularism conference, an unmissable event that will tackle some of freethought’s burning questions:
A wave of oppression around the world is being justified by religious dogma with an aim to drag women’s rights back to the Bronze Age. —Can the tide be turned?
Women who attempt to leave a religion too often face family estrangement, community exile, or even violence. —Can we create an environment where women are free to question faith without fear?
Women and minorities continue to be underrepresented in the secular movement. —Can we right this wrong and strengthen the movement?
The answer to all of these is YES.
We can do it.
Register now for Women in Secularism III, May 16-18 in Alexandria, VA, just outside of Washington DC. See a powerful roster of speakers and panelists from the worlds of social justice, freethought activism, journalism, and academia confront these questions and much more.
CFI member discounts are available, and student members of CFI receive a special rate of $50 (or $35 until March 14).
To see a sample of what’s coming up, you can view videos from WIS II here
- A conversation, a challenge, a risk.
- February 26 – Avijit Roy Day Honouring Murdered Atheist Writers in Bangladesh
- CFI Manitoba
- International Women’s Day
- HUMAN RIGHTS
- CFIC’s Ethical Perspectives
- CFI Canada 2014: Moving Forward
- Founders of Centre for Inquiry Canada
- The Cave Painter
- CFIC Core Areas of Focus
- CFI Canada Resources for Students
- CFIDiscourse #2: On Pseudo-skepticism and the Vice of Open-Mindedness
- Thanks for supporting CFI Canada
- Welcome to the Centre for Inquiry
- Governance Documents
- Welcome members
- Membership levels
- CFI Canada at the Office of Religious Freedom’s EAC
- CFIC Library needs your help!
- Raif Badawi
- Secular, Humanist and Freethought Links
- Centre for Inquiry Globally
- “Mythinformation”: Robert Price vs Bart Ehrman
- CFIC Branches
- 2018 Message from the Chair of the Board of Directors
- CFIC’s Mission, Vision, and Values
- Timothy Caulfield coming to Ottawa
- Press Centre
- CFIC’s founding principles
- New CFIC Logo Designs
- SOS: Secular Sobriety
- Pro-Vaccination Art
- Assisted Dying in Canada: Where Do We Go From Here
- Is God a Figment of our Imagination?
- Winnipeg Bus Shelter Ads Highlight Human Rights Violations
- Secular Humanists and Atheists Grieve With the Nation
- Not Over Yet! Humanists Should Speak out on the Right to Die with Dignity
- Public Promotion of Religion In Quebec Schools
- Cupping: Premier pseudoscience for the Games of the XXXI Olympiad
- Support Secularism in British Columbia
- History and Mandate
- CFI Canada Condemns All Faith-Based Violence
- Secular Community Services
- CFIDiscourse #1: A Christian in Favour of Atheist Billboards
- CFIC Condemns Superstition-based Violence
- CFIC Discourse
- International Human Rights
- 2016 CFIC AGM and Elections Notice
- CFI Canada Student Campus Groups
- Spoon Bending and Higher Learning
- Who is CFIC, and what do we do?
- Canada Deserves Better Than Pope John Paul II Day
- Canada’s Blasphemous Libel Law