Timothy Caulfield: “Is Gwyneth Paltrow Wrong About Everything?”
On Wednesday April 15th, from 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm we were thrilled to have Timothy Caulfield give a talk at OISE Auditorium about his new book Is Gwyneth Paltrow Wrong About Everything? When Celebrity Culture and Science Clash, which challenges pseudoscientific and sometimes dangerous advice from celebrities.
The after-event social gathering at the Duke of York was well attended and every one was in good “spirits.”
Timothy spent a year not only extensively researching and talking to a myriad of experts, but also trying some celebrity-recommended health, diet and beauty routines. And he will be giving a vivid recounting of his experiences in attempting these pseudoscientific remedies and practices, and discuss the benefits, if any, and detriments of such programs.
Timothy and his new book are making a difference with headlines such as “How Science tells us to Ignore Celebrity Endorsements“ New Scientist, and “Caulfield Offers Straight-Forward, Science-Based Advice for Health and Wellness“ MetroNews Canada. He is also in high demand for media interviews. Recent Canadian interviews can be found in the Ottawa Citizen, Edmonton Journal, Huffington Post, CBC Radio’s The Current, Toronto Star, Globe and Mail and many more.
- The Science of Shakespeare – a talk by Dan Falk
- Dr. Ben Goldacre was in Toronto, Sunday May 15th
- Science and Philosophy Book Club: Discussion with Dan Falk, Author of “In Search of Time”
- Acupuncturists in Ontario Now Regulated by Self-Regulating Body
- Bob Ripley – “Life Beyond Belief”
- Jerry Coyne was at CFIC T.O. on June 10th, 2015
- Ongoing Events
- Tony Ortega & Paulette Cooper: The Unbreakable Miss Lovely
- Dr. Afzal Upal
- Catherine Dunphy at CFIC T.O. Wed. Sep. 16th
- Lunch with Dr. Eugenie Scott
- Welcome to Centre For Inquiry Canada Toronto!
- Volunteers Welcome!
- Richard Carrier at CFIC T.O. Oct. 23rd
- Pierre Desrochers – “The Locavore’s Dilemma”