The Science of Shakespeare – a talk by Dan Falk
On Friday, May 16, CFI Toronto will be hosting a talk by Dan Falk, author of The Science of Shakespeare: a New Look at the Playwright’s Universe. Falk’s Talk provides highlights from his book, now available on Goose Lane Editions.
The Science of Shakespeare explores the connections between Shakespeare’s novel observations of human nature and the larger scientific revolution that was just then getting underway. Falk argues that the legendary playwright was well aware of the changes in the air, and that he played an important and overlooked role in ushering in a more “modern” way of thinking.
General admission is $15, or $10 for CFI members. Click here for tickets and other admission options.
Falk is a science journalist, author, and broadcaster. His books include In Search of Time: Journeys along a Curious Dimension and Universe on a T-Shirt: The Quest for the Theory of Everything, winner of the 2002 Science in Society Journalism Award. He has written for the Globe and Mail, the Toronto Star, The Walrus, Astronomy, Sky & Telescope, and New Scientist; he has also been a regular contributor to CBC Radio’s Ideas. Falk recently completed a prestigious Knight Journalism Fellowship at MIT, where he undertook much of the research for this book.
- Bob Ripley – “Life Beyond Belief”
- Jerry Coyne was at CFIC T.O. on June 10th, 2015
- Dr. Ben Goldacre was in Toronto, Sunday May 15th
- Timothy Caulfield: “Is Gwyneth Paltrow Wrong About Everything?”
- Richard Carrier at CFIC T.O. Oct. 23rd
- Knock on Wood: Luck, Chance, and the Meaning of Everything
- Dr. Afzal Upal
- Catherine Dunphy at CFIC T.O. Wed. Sep. 16th
- Lunch with Dr. Eugenie Scott
- Pierre Desrochers – “The Locavore’s Dilemma”
- Bigfoot lived! at CFIC T.O.
- Tony Ortega & Paulette Cooper: The Unbreakable Miss Lovely
- Our Winter Solstice Celebration!
- The Atheist Muslim: with Ali A. Rizvi and Faisal Al Mutar
- Raheel Raza presented Honor Diaries
- Darwin Day at CFIC Toronto
- Losing Our Religion Documentary Screening
- The SCience of Shakespeare