STAND UP FOR SCIENCE
WHAT DO WE WANT?
WHEN DO WE WANT IT?
AFTER PEER REVIEW!
Fed up with the erosion of science in Canada? Want our government to support science in the public interest? Think that decisions should be based on evidence and facts instead of ideology? Join us to Stand up for Science at rallies on Parliament Hill and across the country.
Centre for Inquiry Canada stands firmly for the principle that reason and evidence, not ideology and faith, should form the basis for public policy. Whether in health care, the environment, or economics, the public interest is best served when decisions are based on high-quality evidence. This requires increasing public support for science. We therefore strongly support the call by Evidence for Democracy for the Federal government to make a greater commitment to science in the public interest by restoring science funding and supporting open communication of publicly-funded science. On Monday, September 16, CFI branches across Canada will “Stand up for Science!” with a coalition of other science advocates in rallies across the country.
It’s time to stand up for science in the public interest in Canada. In recent years we have seen cuts to many important scientific institutions, science funding has shifted focus towards the commercialization of research, and government scientists have lost the ability to communicate their research to the public.
CFI Canada will be participating in rallies in Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Halifax – see below for details for each city.
Vancouver Art Gallery – North plaza on Georgia Street, 11am – 1pm
South side of Queen’s Park, 11:45 – 1pm
Complexe Guy-Favreau, noon – 1:30pm
Local contact Brahim Abdenbi: email@example.com
Dalhousie Student Union Building, 1pm – 3pm
Local contact Justin Singer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- CFI to file human rights complaint alleging discrimination by Pattison Outdoor in Vancouver
- Secular Community Services
- Will You Make a Commitment to Reason and Science Today?
- Atheist advertisements have been rejected in Vancouver – again
- Catholic School Board Breaking the Law, Complaint Alleges
- CFIC Library
- CFI Canada Student Campus Groups
- International Human Rights
- Who is CFIC, and what do we do?
- Atheist Bloggers Risking Their Lives
- Pro-Vaccination Art
- Timothy Caulfield coming to Ottawa
- Canada’s Standing Committee on Health (HESA): Report 13
- How To Help
- Reactions to CFI’s Signs and Billboards
- From the Cradle to the Grave
- HUMAN RIGHTS
- Public Promotion of Religion In Quebec Schools
- Thanks for supporting CFI Canada
- Secular Humanists Grieve with the LGBTQ Community of Orlando, FLA
- CFIC Library needs your help!
- Raif Badawi
- Educational Programs and Services
- Supreme Court Decision
- LGTBQ people not welcome at BC law school
- History and Mandate
- CFI Condemns Murders at Charlie Hebdo
- Secular Humanists and Atheists Grieve With the Nation
- Secular, Humanist and Freethought Links
- Crisis in Nepal: What can we do?
- CFIC Condemns Superstition-based Violence
- Another Pediatric Death by World View
- Assisted Dying in Canada: Where Do We Go From Here
- Canada to Uganda – CFI pushes gay rights against religious bigotry
- CFIDiscourse #1: A Christian in Favour of Atheist Billboards
- Spoon Bending and Higher Learning
- Canada’s Office of Religious Freedom
- New CFIC Logo Designs
- CFI Membership
- CFIC’s Ethical Perspectives
- CFI Canada at the Office of Religious Freedom’s EAC
- 2015/2016 Flu Shot is a Good Idea
- CFI Canada 2014: Moving Forward
- CFI Canada 2014: Moving Forward
- Press Centre
- Spring is late – deadline extended for the Colouring Contest
- Secular Human Rights Campaigns
- Grandmother Fish
- Secular alternatives for crucial community services
- A Call for Justice
- Are Organized Religions a Possible Public Health Hazard “Vector”? Apparently we have our job to do…
- CFI Canada Condemns All Faith-Based Violence
- February 26 – Avijit Roy Day Honouring Murdered Atheist Writers in Bangladesh
- International Women’s Day
- CFI Canada Board of Directors