Tony Ortega & Paulette Cooper: The Unbreakable Miss Lovely
On Monday, June 22nd we welcomed Tony Ortega, a former editor-in-chief of The Village Voice, and Paulette Cooper, the subject of Tony’s new book The Unbreakable Miss Lovely which documented Paulette’s struggles with Scientology.
We had over 90 people in attendance and only a limited number of Tony’s books – which sold out quickly. This CFI Canada event was held at Northern District Library.
The Unbreakable Miss Lovely was the code name Scientology spies gave Paulette Cooper in their internal documents. In 1971 Paulette Cooper wrote a scathing book about the Church of Scientology. Desperate to shut the book down, Scientology unleashed on her one of the most sinister personal campaigns the free world has ever known.
For more information, please go to Tony’s website.
- Bob Ripley – “Life Beyond Belief”
- Losing Our Religion Documentary Screening
- Jerry Coyne was at CFIC T.O. on June 10th, 2015
- Dr. Ben Goldacre was in Toronto, Sunday May 15th
- Catherine Dunphy at CFIC T.O. Wed. Sep. 16th
- Pierre Desrochers – “The Locavore’s Dilemma”
- Dr. Afzal Upal
- Timothy Caulfield: “Is Gwyneth Paltrow Wrong About Everything?”
- Knock on Wood: Luck, Chance, and the Meaning of Everything
- Richard Carrier at CFIC T.O. Oct. 23rd
- The Atheist Muslim: with Ali A. Rizvi and Faisal Al Mutar