Press Release – Deny Law School Accreditation to Anti-Gay University
Deny Law School Accreditation to Anti-Gay University: National Secular Group
TORONTO, ONTARIO–(Marketwired – Aug. 7, 2013) – The Centre for Inquiry (CFI), Canada’s largest secularism-focused educational charity, urges the Federation of Law Societies of Canada to reject the application by Trinity Western University (TWU) to open a law school.
TWU discriminates against prospective LGBQT lawyers through a covenant which points to Biblical passages to ban “sexual intimacy” outside heterosexual marriage. A married gay law student could be expelled for sleeping with his or her spouse.
“As the annual number of law school openings are controlled, this limitation on gay applicants is unacceptable,” said Kevin Smith, CFI President.
Read the full media advisory here.
- Catholic School Board Breaking the Law, Complaint Alleges
- CFI Canada Student Campus Groups
- In the year 2018, we should not have to say this.
- Election Process
- Winnipeg Bus Shelter Ads Highlight Human Rights Violations
- SOS: Secular Sobriety
- Vaccine records – Who’s responsible?
- Timothy Caulfield coming to Ottawa
- 20140815_G JerryCoyne_0755 (Large)
- Living Without Religion
- Are Organized Religions a Possible Public Health Hazard “Vector”? Apparently we have our job to do…
- History of Centre for Inquiry Canada
- CFIC Charitable Status
- 2016 CFIC AGM and Elections Notice
- Secular Human Rights Campaigns
- Critical Links 2018
- CFIC Discourse
- Canada’s Blasphemous Libel Law
- Become a Member of CFIC
- Atheist Bloggers Risking Their Lives
- CFIC Councillor Membership
- Spoon Bending and Higher Learning
- Public Promotion of Religion In Quebec Schools
- History and Mandate
- Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign
- Will You Make a Commitment to Reason and Science Today?
- Support Secularism in British Columbia
- Canada is Repealing its Blasphemy Law
- CFI US Presents: Women in Secularism III
- Upcoming Events at CFI Canada
- CFI Canada 2014: Moving Forward
- Assisted Dying in Canada: Where Do We Go From Here
- Unfriending the Future: Motivated Empathy in Science and Political Advocacy
- Become a CFI Canada Student Affiliate
- CFIDiscourse #2: On Pseudo-skepticism and the Vice of Open-Mindedness
- CFI Membership
- Is God a Figment of our Imagination?
- CFIC Library needs your help!
- A Call for Justice
- 2018 Message from the Chair of the Board of Directors
- US to tighten rules on homeopathic “medicines”
- Grandmother Fish
- Canada Deserves Better Than Pope John Paul II Day
- Pro-Vaccination Art
- Iceland Removes Blasphemy Law!
- HUMAN RIGHTS
- CFI Canada Board of Directors
- CFI Canada Condemns All Faith-Based Violence
- From the Cradle to the Grave
- Spring is late – deadline extended for the Colouring Contest
- Crisis in Nepal: What can we do?
- CFIDiscourse #1: A Christian in Favour of Atheist Billboards
- Update on Parliamentary Petition e-382 calling for the elimnation of Canada’s anti-blasphemy law
- CFIC’s Ethical Perspectives
- International Women’s Day