Press Release – Deny Law School Accreditation to Anti-Gay University
Deny Law School Accreditation to Anti-Gay University: National Secular Group
TORONTO, ONTARIO–(Marketwired – Aug. 7, 2013) – The Centre for Inquiry (CFI), Canada’s largest secularism-focused educational charity, urges the Federation of Law Societies of Canada to reject the application by Trinity Western University (TWU) to open a law school.
TWU discriminates against prospective LGBQT lawyers through a covenant which points to Biblical passages to ban “sexual intimacy” outside heterosexual marriage. A married gay law student could be expelled for sleeping with his or her spouse.
“As the annual number of law school openings are controlled, this limitation on gay applicants is unacceptable,” said Kevin Smith, CFI President.
Read the full media advisory here.
- CFI Canada Student Campus Groups
- In the year 2018, we should not have to say this.
- Vaccine records – Who’s responsible?
- 20140815_G JerryCoyne_0755 (Large)
- Living Without Religion
- History of Centre for Inquiry Canada
- Become a Member of CFIC
- Winnipeg Bus Shelter Ads Highlight Human Rights Violations
- Election Process
- Timothy Caulfield coming to Ottawa
- CFIC Councillor Membership
- Are Organized Religions a Possible Public Health Hazard “Vector”? Apparently we have our job to do…
- Spoon Bending and Higher Learning
- Public Promotion of Religion In Quebec Schools
- Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign
- 2016 CFIC AGM and Elections Notice
- Canada’s Blasphemous Libel Law
- Support Secularism in British Columbia
- Canada is Repealing its Blasphemy Law
- CFI Canada 2014: Moving Forward
- History and Mandate
- Assisted Dying in Canada: Where Do We Go From Here
- Unfriending the Future: Motivated Empathy in Science and Political Advocacy
- Become a CFI Canada Student Affiliate
- Secular Human Rights Campaigns
- CFIC Discourse
- CFI Membership
- Is God a Figment of our Imagination?
- CFIC Library needs your help!
- A Call for Justice
- 2018 Message from the Chair of the Board of Directors
- Canada Deserves Better Than Pope John Paul II Day
- Pro-Vaccination Art
- Iceland Removes Blasphemy Law!
- Will You Make a Commitment to Reason and Science Today?
- HUMAN RIGHTS
- CFI Canada Board of Directors
- Not Over Yet! Humanists Should Speak out on the Right to Die with Dignity
- Atheist Bloggers Risking Their Lives
- From the Cradle to the Grave
- CFI Canada Condemns All Faith-Based Violence
- Spring is late – deadline extended for the Colouring Contest
- CFIDiscourse #2: On Pseudo-skepticism and the Vice of Open-Mindedness
- Crisis in Nepal: What can we do?
- Update on Parliamentary Petition e-382 calling for the elimnation of Canada’s anti-blasphemy law
- CFIC’s Ethical Perspectives
- International Women’s Day
- Press Centre
- CFI Canada Press Releases
- Canada’s Blasphemy Law
- How To Help
- Welcome to CFI-Victoria
- Welcome to the Centre for Inquiry
- US to tighten rules on homeopathic “medicines”