NO SCIENCE – NO EVIDENCE – NO TRUTH – NO DEMOCRACY
WHAT DO WE WANT?
WHEN DO WE WANT IT?
AFTER PEER REVIEW!
Fed up with the erosion of science in Canada? Want our government to support science in the public interest? Think that decisions should be based on evidence and facts instead of ideology? Join us on Parliament Hill, September 16th, at 12:00 noon to Stand up for Science!
It’s time to stand up for science in the public interest in Canada. In recent years we have seen cuts to many important scientific institutions, science funding has shifted focus towards the commercialization of research, and government scientists have lost the ability to communicate their research to the public.
We need your help to make this event a success. The Death of Evidence rally last July had a huge impact. We want to put these issues back in the public eye and let our government know that we demand better science policies. To accomplish this, we need a big turnout as we call on the Federal government to make a strong commitment to science in the public interest by:
(1) Funding scientific research from basic science through to applied.
(2) Using the best available science and evidence to make the best decisions.
(3) Supporting the open communication of publicly funded science to the public, unless there are demonstrably good reasons for not doing so.
For more information check out https://evidencefordemocracy.ca/
All are invited. Please bring a lab coat or other science paraphernalia if you have them, as well as signs (the nerdier the better!)
Here’s a photo of last year’s Death of Evidence rally (July 2012)
- Scientific Skepticism
- What is secularism?
- Why we need CFIC
- Other Ways to Give to Centre For Inquiry Canada
- Monthly Donations
- Our Partners and Allies
- Add your voice!
- International Human Rights Day – 2018
- CFI Ottawa Secular Community Network
- Join Us (membership test)
- Without God
- #metoo and you, too
- CFIC Canada Membership
- Honor Diaries; Culture is No Excuse for Abuse
- Critical Thinking
- CFIC Discourse #4: Respect?
- Me Too (March 2018 Critical Links)
- Canadian Women’s March
- AGM archives
- CFIC Branches
- Building Community
- CFI Magazines