New CFIC Logo Designs
As part of CFIC’s ongoing evolution as an organization, we challenge ourselves and our volunteers to re-connect with our brand and our graphic identity. Presented here are several logo proposals that members will be seeing more of. These logos are the graphic work of CFIC member-volunteers.
Centre For Inquiry Canada – Corporate Logo
This proposal, generously worked-up by David Petrasovic of our Ottawa Branch, emphasizes the Canadian identity of CFI Canada by incorporating a red maple leaf in the blue CFI globe. We love the original CFI logo’s flame (which recalls a candle or flame of knowledge symbolic of Prometheus from Greek mythology), but we wanted to feature CFIC’s Canadian foundation and focus. We’ve allowed the word “Canada” to be presented either in a bolded block text or an italicized text. In either version, Canada must be presented in a red font.
We’re also unveiling Shawn Fehrenbach’s logo designs connected to our organization’s focus to be Canada’s Community For Science and Secularism. The Science Chek and Secular Chek logos will accompany CFIC inquiries, articles and investigations and may be used in future brochures, banners and posters where CFIC promotes and educates the public about science or secularism.
Given our concerns with the harmful effects of the incursion of pseudoscience into healthcare and health education, we have used a blue feature colour and incorporated a flask device in the Science Chek logo; the Secular Chek logo carries a “scales of justice” device which incorporates a human figure at the centre.
Do you have skills and talents to share? Have a graphic art proposal to make. Let us know by emailing email@example.com
- Who is CFIC, and what do we do?
- Policy Statements
- How To Help
- Secular Humanists and Atheists Grieve With the Nation
- Pro-Vaccination Art
- Welcome to the Centre for Inquiry
- Secular, Humanist and Freethought Links
- Spring is late – deadline extended for the Colouring Contest
- HUMAN RIGHTS
- Will You Make a Commitment to Reason and Science Today?
- STAND UP FOR SCIENCE
- CFIC Library needs your help!
- Secular Community Services
- CFI condemns attacks on religious groups in Egypt
- Governance Documents
- CFI Manitoba
- Canada’s Standing Committee on Health (HESA): Report 13
- Timothy Caulfield coming to Ottawa
- Public Promotion of Religion In Quebec Schools
- LGTBQ people not welcome at BC law school
- The Cave Painter
- James Randi in Toronto!
- CFI Canada Student Campus Groups
- February 26 – Avijit Roy Day Honouring Murdered Atheist Writers in Bangladesh
- International Human Rights
- Press Centre
- Canada’s Office of Religious Freedom
- Raif Badawi
- Winnipeg Bus Shelter Ads Highlight Human Rights Violations
- Canada Deserves Better Than Pope John Paul II Day
- Catholic School Board Breaking the Law, Complaint Alleges
- Press Release – Deny Law School Accreditation to Anti-Gay University
- CFI Canada at the Office of Religious Freedom’s EAC
- CFIC’s Ethical Perspectives
- CFI Condemns Murders at Charlie Hebdo
- Grandmother Fish
- Atheist advertisements have been rejected in Vancouver – again
- Iceland Removes Blasphemy Law!
- A Call for Justice
- CFI to file human rights complaint alleging discrimination by Pattison Outdoor in Vancouver
- Secular Humanists Grieve with the LGBTQ Community of Orlando, FLA
- Crisis in Nepal: What can we do?
- George Kourounis: Take The Centre With You
- Thanks for supporting CFI Canada
- History and Mandate
- Supreme Court Decision
- Secular Human Rights Campaigns
- From the Cradle to the Grave
- 2015/2016 Flu Shot is a Good Idea
- Are Organized Religions a Possible Public Health Hazard “Vector”? Apparently we have our job to do…
- Atheist Bloggers Risking Their Lives
- Carl Sagan Day 2014 at CFI Canada!
- Canada’s Blasphemous Libel Law