New CFIC Logo Designs
As part of CFIC’s ongoing evolution as an organization, we challenge ourselves and our volunteers to re-connect with our brand and our graphic identity. Presented here are several logo proposals that members will be seeing more of. These logos are the graphic work of CFIC member-volunteers.
Centre For Inquiry Canada – Corporate Logo
This proposal, generously worked-up by David Petrasovic of our Ottawa Branch, emphasizes the Canadian identity of CFI Canada by incorporating a red maple leaf in the blue CFI globe. We love the original CFI logo’s flame (which recalls a candle or flame of knowledge symbolic of Prometheus from Greek mythology), but we wanted to feature CFIC’s Canadian foundation and focus. We’ve allowed the word “Canada” to be presented either in a bolded block text or an italicized text. In either version, Canada must be presented in a red font.
We’re also unveiling Shawn Fehrenbach’s logo designs connected to our organization’s focus to be Canada’s Community For Science and Secularism. The Science Chek and Secular Chek logos will accompany CFIC inquiries, articles and investigations and may be used in future brochures, banners and posters where CFIC promotes and educates the public about science or secularism.
Given our concerns with the harmful effects of the incursion of pseudoscience into healthcare and health education, we have used a blue feature colour and incorporated a flask device in the Science Chek logo; the Secular Chek logo carries a “scales of justice” device which incorporates a human figure at the centre.
Do you have skills and talents to share? Have a graphic art proposal to make. Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who is CFIC, and what do we do?
- Policy Statements
- CFIC’s Mission, Vision, and Values
- Welcome to the Centre for Inquiry
- How To Help
- Secular Humanists and Atheists Grieve With the Nation
- About CFIC
- What is CFIC
- Pro-Vaccination Art
- CFI Canada Board of Directors
- Secular, Humanist and Freethought Links
- Spring is late – deadline extended for the Colouring Contest
- History of Centre for Inquiry Canada
- 2016 CFIC AGM and Elections Notice
- HUMAN RIGHTS
- Membership levels
- Will You Make a Commitment to Reason and Science Today?
- CFIC Library needs your help!
- Canada is Repealing its Blasphemy Law
- Secular Community Services
- In the year 2018, we should not have to say this.
- Governance Documents
- CFI Manitoba
- Timothy Caulfield coming to Ottawa
- Canada’s Standing Committee on Health (HESA): Report 13
- Centre for Inquiry Globally
- Public Promotion of Religion In Quebec Schools
- CFIC’s Mission
- The Cave Painter
- CFIC Discourse
- Update on Parliamentary Petition e-382 calling for the elimnation of Canada’s anti-blasphemy law
- CFIC Councillor Membership
- James Randi in Toronto!
- CFI Canada Student Campus Groups
- International Human Rights
- CFI Magazines
- February 26 – Avijit Roy Day Honouring Murdered Atheist Writers in Bangladesh
- Welcome to CFI-Victoria
- Press Centre
- CFIC’s founding principles
- Canada’s Office of Religious Freedom
- CFIC Branches
- Winnipeg Bus Shelter Ads Highlight Human Rights Violations
- Raif Badawi
- Canada Deserves Better Than Pope John Paul II Day
- Catholic School Board Breaking the Law, Complaint Alleges
- CFI Canada at the Office of Religious Freedom’s EAC
- CFIC’s Ethical Perspectives
- CFI Condemns Murders at Charlie Hebdo
- Unfriending the Future: Motivated Empathy in Science and Political Advocacy
- Grandmother Fish