International Coalition Against Blasphemy Laws
1. We are an international coalition of organizations committed to removing blasphemy laws wherever they exist.
2. We will:
(a) Provide public education regarding blasphemy laws around the world.
(b) Advocate on behalf of victims of blasphemy laws.
(c) Lobby governments to act on expert legal opinions, which consistently recommend that these laws be repealed or abolished.
3. We defend people’s right to discuss, criticize and ridicule ideas and beliefs, even when this offends other people. Humans have rights beliefs do not.
4. With regard to freedom of speech laws which are aimed at protecting people rather than ideas, members of the coalition may have different approaches or policies.
5. We argue that blasphemy laws are harmful:
(a) They violate freedom of expression and deny equality.
(b) Actively enforced blasphemy laws infringe on and violate human rights around the world.
(c) Passive blasphemy laws reinforce active blasphemy laws.
(d) They have been repudiated by international law and governance bodies.
- End Blasphemy Laws Now!
- CFI Canada Applauds the Norwegian Government
- Parliamentary E-Petition Opposing Canada’s Blasphemy Law
- CFIC Joins Call to Repeal Greek Blasphemy Law
- Reason For Change
- Looking Back, Looking Forward: A Year-End Perspective For 2015/2016
- Montreal Pride
- York University
- Quebec’s Bill 59: A Hate Speech Bill
- CFIC Condemns Ongoing Faith-Based Murders in Bangladesh
- 2016 Fundraising Campaign
- City of Ottawa’s Hijab Day
- CFI Canada: Setting Our Agenda
- Paris, November 2015
- Saskatchewan Wants a Secular Government
- CFIC Implores the Canadian Government To Help Tareq Rahim
- CFIC Discusses Bangladesh with UNHCR and ORF
- A Brief History of Secularism in Canada
- Joint Statement Condemning Bangladesh Government
- Ashu Solo vs City of Saskatoon and Randy Donauer
- Bangladesh: Protection For Secular Human Rights and Atheist Bloggers
- CFIC Remembers Our Friends
- C-14 Passed
- John Hofsess: Humanist Perspectives
- Pope Has Nerve Citing Ideology: (His trip to Cuba)
- Brad Wall’s Christmas Message: Should Saskatchewan Secularists Complain?
- 17 Organizations Issue Joint Statement to PM Trudeau
- CFIC’s Darwin Day Headquarters
- Kids For Inquiry Canada
- Brussels March 2016
- CFI Halifax
- Muti: Traditional Medicine Practice in Africa
- CFI Regina
- Extraordinary Claims Website
- Saskatchewan Burlesque Controversy
- Science Over Naturopathy in Sentencing of David and Collet Stephan
- Canada’s New Parliamentary E-Petition System
- Physician Assisted Dying: Use Science and Secular Values – Not Dogma
- Gifts in Kind at Centre For Inquiry Canada
- Celsius42 TCS (Tumour Cell Solution) Inquiry
- Dangerous Dilutions
- University of Toronto Scarborough
- Canada’s 42nd Election: Secularism and Science
- Living Without Religion – Overcoming Isolation
- CFI Canada Discourse #3: Telepathy Proved !?
- Getting Involved!
- Critical Evaluation of Journalism: Deadly and Dangerous Pseudoscience
- CFIC Prince Edward Island
- Institute of Holistic Nutrition
- CFIC Goes to Reason Rally 2016
- Pseudo-Science: Inquiries into the Incursion of Pseudo-science into Health Services Education
- Skull Suture Manipulation on Children with Autism and/or ADHD
- Have You Ever Inquired About Services at a Naturopathic Clinic?
- Recollections of the Founding of CFI Canada
- CFI On Pseudo-Science and Religion in Healthcare
- Consumer Education and Advocacy
- WiFi Rats
- Chilliwack: Rejects Dawkins’ The Magic of Reality