December 2014 – Special Call for Volunteers – SCIENCE!
An essential part of CFI Canada’s mandate is our focus on science. Whether its implementing local Kids For Inquiry Programs, responding to media issues such as anti-vaccination proponents, filming science-oriented educational segments or helping to organize science talks in the community….we need you.
And the fact is…you just never know who you might meet as a volunteer at CFI Canada…recently Gemini Award nominee George Kourounis, who is a science educator and host of the TV adventure/storm chasing series Angry Planet, stopped by CFIC to chat about science and skepticism, volunteer projects and getting involved. It was terrific to meet George and talk about ways CFI Canada can promote science across Canada. Please check out George’s website.
Here are a few roles you might wish to fulfill;
1) Science Videographer
2) Science Podcaster
3) Kids For Inquiry Lead
4) Science Event Coordinator
Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
CFI Canada speaks out for your values on human rights, education and science – thank you for getting involved and showing your support.
- Kids For Inquiry Canada
- CFI Canada: Setting Our Agenda
- CFIC Prince Edward Island
- CFIC Remembers Our Friends
- Living Without Religion – Overcoming Isolation
- CFIC’s Darwin Day Headquarters
- Looking Back, Looking Forward: A Year-End Perspective For 2015/2016
- Consumer Education and Advocacy
- Montreal Pride
- Congratulations to CFI (US) on Leadership Transition
- Recollections of the Founding of CFI Canada
- Institute of Holistic Nutrition
- Pseudo-Science: Inquiries into the Incursion of Pseudo-science into Health Services Education
- Chilliwack: Rejects Dawkins’ The Magic of Reality
- United Way, Employee Giving and Centre For inquiry Canada
- Planned Giving At Centre For Inquiry Canada
- CFIC Condemns Ongoing Faith-Based Murders in Bangladesh
- University of Toronto Scarborough
- Saskatchewan Wants a Secular Government
- O! Canada
- Reason For Change
- Gifts in Kind at Centre For Inquiry Canada
- Celsius42 TCS (Tumour Cell Solution) Inquiry
- Thermal Imaging for Breast Cancer Not Approved in Canada
- City of Ottawa’s Hijab Day
- Ashu Solo vs City of Saskatoon and Randy Donauer
- Science Over Naturopathy in Sentencing of David and Collet Stephan
- CFI Canada Discourse #3: Telepathy Proved !?
- John Hofsess: Humanist Perspectives
- CFI On Pseudo-Science and Religion in Healthcare
- CFIC Discusses Bangladesh with UNHCR and ORF
- Centre For Inquiry Canada Podcast
- Have You Ever Inquired About Services at a Naturopathic Clinic?
- Keeping Religion out of Schools in Alberta
- Saskatchewan Burlesque Controversy
- CFI Canada Applauds the Norwegian Government
- Critical Evaluation of Journalism: Deadly and Dangerous Pseudoscience
- York University
- CFI Halifax
- 2016 Fundraising Campaign
- CFIC Goes to Reason Rally 2016
- Canada’s 42nd Election: Secularism and Science
- Extraordinary Claims Website
- Brad Wall’s Christmas Message: Should Saskatchewan Secularists Complain?
- Bangladesh: Protection For Secular Human Rights and Atheist Bloggers
- Paris, November 2015
- CFIC Joins Call to Repeal Greek Blasphemy Law
- Dangerous Dilutions
- Canada’s New Parliamentary E-Petition System
- Brussels March 2016
- Muti: Traditional Medicine Practice in Africa
- 17 Organizations Issue Joint Statement to PM Trudeau
- End Blasphemy Laws Now!
- Quebec’s Bill 59: A Hate Speech Bill
- Skull Suture Manipulation on Children with Autism and/or ADHD
- Still Small Voices Book Launch
- A Brief History of Secularism in Canada
- Pope Has Nerve Citing Ideology: (His trip to Cuba)
- CFIC Implores the Canadian Government To Help Tareq Rahim