February 26 – Avijit Roy Day Honouring Murdered Atheist Writers in Bangladesh
CFI Canada is proud to work with the Mukto Mona (Bangladeshi Freethinking) website to present the first Avijit Roy Day in Honour of Murdered Atheist writers, publishers and activists. February 26, 2016 marks the passing of one year since the murder of Avijit Roy and the brutal injury of Rafida Ahmed.
Time: 7.00 PM to 9.00 PM
Venue: CFIC OFFICE – 55 EGLINTON AVENUE EAST – SUITE 307
Live Webcasting Details for this event will be posted at 6:00PM on February 26th. To receive an email with details or to submit questions to the panelists, please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Message from Avijit Roy’s Father, Professor Ajoy Roy, and Avijit’s wife, Rafida Ahmed Bonya
- Bangladesh-Canada Panel to Discuss the role of Science, Reason and Secularism for an enlightened world.
Panel Moderator: Eric Adriaans, National Executive Director of Centre for Inquiry Canada.
Panelists: Tarek Fatah, Columnist, Author, ‘The Hindu is Not My Enemy’ (Kautilya Books, 2016), ‘The Tragic Illusion of an Islamic State’ (Wiley, 2008) and ‘The Jew is Not My Enemy’ (Random, 2010)
Gretta Vosper: Atheist Minister, Author of With or Without God: Why The Way We Live is More Important Than What We Believe.
Aki Muthali: Freelance writer and feminist. Born and raised in Sri Lanka, she currently lives in Canada. She’s also an illustrator and a painter.
Dr. Christopher DiCarlo: Philosopher of Science and Ethics whose interests in cognitive evolution have taken him into the natural and social sciences. His research focuses on how and why humans reason, think, and act the way they do.
- Display of Avijit Roy’s Books and Photo Exhibition of Murdered writers.
ADMISSION TO THIS EVENT IS BY REGISTRATION ONLY: PLEASE EMAIL NED@CENTREFORINQUIRY.CA TO REQUEST ADMISSION TO THIS LIMITED SEATING EVENT. FOR THOSE UNABLE TO ATTEND IN PERSON, LIVE WEBCASTING OF THE PANEL IS PLANNED. THERE IS NO ADMISSION PRICE FOR THIS EVENT, BUT DONATIONS MAY BE MADE AT THE DOOR OR VIA PAYPAL USING THE LINK BELOW
- A Call for Justice
- Is God a Figment of our Imagination?
- Secular, Humanist and Freethought Links
- CFI Manitoba
- How To Help
- Become a CFI Canada Student Affiliate
- CFIDiscourse #1: A Christian in Favour of Atheist Billboards
- Welcome members
- Unfriending the Future: Motivated Empathy in Science and Political Advocacy
- A conversation, a challenge, a risk.
- Thanks for supporting CFI Canada
- Spring is late – deadline extended for the Colouring Contest
- CFIC Discourse
- Vote for Science
- The Cave Painter
- Timothy Caulfield coming to Ottawa
- Policy Statements
- Contact Us
- “Mythinformation”: Robert Price vs Bart Ehrman
- Who is CFIC, and what do we do?
- Founders of Centre for Inquiry Canada
- Spoon Bending and Higher Learning
- CFI Canada 2014: Moving Forward
- Carl Sagan Day 2014 at CFI Canada!
- CFI Canada Condemns All Faith-Based Violence
- Assisted Dying in Canada: Where Do We Go From Here
- CFIC’s Mission, Vision, and Values
- 2018 Message from the Chair of the Board of Directors
- Hitchmas 2015
- Grandmother Fish
- Will You Make a Commitment to Reason and Science Today?
- CFIC Logo Designs
- History of Centre for Inquiry Canada
- CFI to file human rights complaint alleging discrimination by Pattison Outdoor in Vancouver
- Science Literacy Week 2019
- Problems with PayPal?
- Welcome to the Centre for Inquiry
- CFI Condemns Murders at Charlie Hebdo
- Merry NewtonMass
- CFI Canada Student Campus Groups
- 2015/2016 Flu Shot is a Good Idea
- Become a Member of CFIC
- CFIC Councillor Membership
- CFI Canada at the Office of Religious Freedom’s EAC
- Are Organized Religions a Possible Public Health Hazard “Vector”? Apparently we have our job to do…
- Public Promotion of Religion In Quebec Schools
- Upcoming Events at CFI Canada
- US to tighten rules on homeopathic “medicines”
- History and Mandate
- International Human Rights
- Governance Documents
- Secular Humanists and Atheists Grieve With the Nation
- CFI Canada Resources for Students
- HUMAN RIGHTS