Dr. Ben Goldacre was in Toronto, Sunday May 15th
On Sunday May 15, from 2:30pm to 3:30pm, Dr. Goldacre gave a lively and informative talk and signed copies of his books. This event was held at the Tranzac Club, 292 Brunswick Ave (just south of Bloor; 3 blocks west of Spadina)
Ben is a best-selling author, broadcaster, campaigner, medical doctor and academic who specialises in unpicking the misuse of science and statistics by journalists, politicians, quacks, drug companies, and more.
Bad Science his 1st book, has sold over 500,000 copies to date, is published in 18 countries, and reached number one in the UK non-fiction bestseller charts.
Bad Pharma his 2nd book covers bad behaviour in the pharmaceutical industry andmedicine more broadly. It is a top ten UK best seller.
- Knock on Wood: Luck, Chance, and the Meaning of Everything
- Jerry Coyne was at CFIC T.O. on June 10th, 2015
- Tony Ortega & Paulette Cooper: The Unbreakable Miss Lovely
- Catherine Dunphy at CFIC T.O. Wed. Sep. 16th
- The Atheist Muslim: with Ali A. Rizvi and Faisal Al Mutar
- Richard Carrier at CFIC T.O. Oct. 23rd
- Timothy Caulfield: “Is Gwyneth Paltrow Wrong About Everything?”
- Bob Ripley – “Life Beyond Belief”
- Dr. Afzal Upal
- Raheel Raza presented Honor Diaries
- Pierre Desrochers – “The Locavore’s Dilemma”
- Darwin Day at CFIC Toronto