discourse [n,v]: the use of words to exchange thoughts and ideas
CFI Canada Discourse is our blog where you can find all the latest information, news and posts from CFI Canada’s members and leaders. CFIC Discourse is also a forum for discussion of topics and issues related to CFI Canada’s mandate to promote science, reason, and secular values. The opinions on these pages do not necessarily reflect the position of CFI Canada; articles are listed (top to bottom) from newest to oldest:
- 2015/2016 Looking Back, Looking Forward
- Merry NewtonMass
- Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall’s Christmas Message
- 17 Organizations Issue Joint Statement to Prime Minister Trudeau: Tareq Rahim
- Paris: November 2015
- Hippocrates Health Institution: Questionable Health Services
- Physician-Assisted Suicide in Canada: The Struggle Continues
- 2015/2016 Flu Vaccine a Good Idea
- Assisted Dying in Canada: Where do we go from here?
- Pope Has Nerve Citing Ideology: (His trip to Cuba)
- Canada’s Outdated Criminal Code Provisions
- Canada’s 42nd Federal Election
- Not Over Yet! Humanists and Dying with Dignity Legislation
- Recollections of the Founding of CFI Canada
- Quebec’s Bill 59: A Problematic Hate Speech Law
- Blasphemy Laws Still Exist in the USA
- University of Toronto and Homeopathy
- Canada’s Standing Committee on Health – Report 13 (Wifi)
- Saskatchewan’s Burlesque Controversy
- CFIC’s New Logo Designs
- Skull Suture Manipulation and Children with Autism and AD/HD
- Gender-Based Discrimination as “Respect”?
- Muti: Traditional Medicine Practice in Africa
We want to read what’s on your mind!
If you have the writer’s bug and want to use your words to get your thoughts and ideas out to a wide audience, click for more details.
We welcome everyone to join the conversation. Respectful disagreement and discussion is encouraged, but we ask all participants to keep their comments reasonable and rational, and refrain from personal attacks. If you have specific concerns, please bring them to the attention of the National Executive Director (email@example.com)
This discussion forum is open to everyone, regardless of sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
Submissions to CFI Canada Discourse should be original content that has not been published online anywhere else, and we also ask that the authors not publish the material themselves for at least a week after it appears on cficanada.ca.
The editors reserve the right to make minor modifications such as correcting spelling or typographical errors, and to adjust the formatting for readability. We may also recommend major modifications; these will require the approval of the author before being published.
If you have questions, or would like to submit a piece for publication, email the CFI Canada Discourse editors: firstname.lastname@example.org
The discussion is moderated as follows:
- A contributor’s first comment is subject to review; subsequent comments will be passed as long as the guidelines are followed.
- Comments may be automatically designated as spam if they contain 2 or more URLs, and will need to be manually approved by the moderator.
- Comments may be blocked or removed at the discretion of the moderator.
If you have questions or concerns about moderation, content, or any technical issues, please contact the webmaster.