CFIC Prince Edward Island
Welcome to the Centre for Inquiry Canada PEI! CFI Canada is one of Canada’s fastest growing communities for humanists, skeptics and freethinkers. CFIC promotes reason, science, secularism and freedom of inquiry in every human endeavor.
CFIC PEI offers an opportunity to put your principles into practice by joining other rationalists to work for positive change in society. The Prince Edward Island branch sponsors social events for freethinkers, skeptics, Atheists and agnostics. We organize activism, provide educational resources and network with policy makers to help create a more skeptical and secular PEI.
In this time of rising religiosity, anti-intellectualism and political turmoil on ethical issues it is critical that rationalists and freethinkers join together to protect civil liberties, defend reason, and work toward increasing scientific literacy.
CFIC PEI was initiated by a small group of CFI Canada members and volunteers in November of 2015.
Activities and Events in the Community
- LIVING WITHOUT RELIGION SUPORT GROUPS WILL OCCUR EVERY SECOND SUNDAY 2-4PM
- SCIENCE AND PHILOSOPHY BOOK CLUB MONTHLY – lAST Wednesday of the Month.
- DINNER WITH THE SKEPTICS
CFIC PEI welcomes volunteers in all of our activities. Currently, one of our local friends, Gord Campbell is offering to meet with PEI residents interested to launch CFIC activities in the province. You can reach Gord at email@example.com (902-388-9900) or you can reach CFIC at firstname.lastname@example.org
- CFIC Remembers Our Friends
- Reason For Change
- Looking Back, Looking Forward: A Year-End Perspective For 2015/2016
- Getting Involved!
- Congratulations to CFI (US) on Leadership Transition
- Kids For Inquiry Canada
- Saskatchewan Burlesque Controversy
- Paris, November 2015
- CFI Canada: Setting Our Agenda
- Consumer Education and Advocacy
- CFIC’s Darwin Day Headquarters
- York University
- Montreal Pride
- CFIC Goes to Reason Rally 2016
- Centre For Inquiry Canada Podcast
- CFIC Condemns Ongoing Faith-Based Murders in Bangladesh
- Chilliwack: Rejects Dawkins’ The Magic of Reality
- University of Toronto Scarborough
- CFIC Discusses Bangladesh with UNHCR and ORF
- CFI Halifax
- Canada’s 42nd Election: Secularism and Science
- Dangerous Dilutions
- 2016 Fundraising Campaign
- Canada’s New Parliamentary E-Petition System
- Recollections of the Founding of CFI Canada
- O! Canada
- Saskatchewan Wants a Secular Government
- Institute of Holistic Nutrition
- United Way, Employee Giving and Centre For inquiry Canada
- Planned Giving At Centre For Inquiry Canada
- 17 Organizations Issue Joint Statement to PM Trudeau
- CFI Canada Applauds the Norwegian Government
- Pseudo-Science: Inquiries into the Incursion of Pseudo-science into Health Services Education
- City of Ottawa’s Hijab Day
- CFI On Pseudo-Science and Religion in Healthcare
- CFIC Joins Call to Repeal Greek Blasphemy Law
- Living Without Religion – Overcoming Isolation
- WiFi Rats
- End Blasphemy Laws Now!
- John Hofsess: Humanist Perspectives
- Parliamentary E-Petition Opposing Canada’s Blasphemy Law
- Muti: Traditional Medicine Practice in Africa
- Gifts in Kind at Centre For Inquiry Canada
- Physician Assisted Dying: Use Science and Secular Values – Not Dogma
- Bangladesh: Protection For Secular Human Rights and Atheist Bloggers
- CFIC Implores the Canadian Government To Help Tareq Rahim
- Brussels March 2016
- Quebec’s Bill 59: A Hate Speech Bill
- Celsius42 TCS (Tumour Cell Solution) Inquiry
- Have You Ever Inquired About Services at a Naturopathic Clinic?
- Extraordinary Claims Website
- C-14 Passed
- Brad Wall’s Christmas Message: Should Saskatchewan Secularists Complain?
- Ashu Solo vs City of Saskatoon and Randy Donauer
- Keeping Religion out of Schools in Alberta
- CFI Canada Discourse #3: Telepathy Proved !?
- Joint Statement Condemning Bangladesh Government
- Critical Evaluation of Journalism: Deadly and Dangerous Pseudoscience
- Science Over Naturopathy in Sentencing of David and Collet Stephan