CFIC Library needs your help!
The CFI Canada library is now relocated in the new National Office at 55 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 307. The library is one of our most cherished features. Valued at more than $60,000 in 2008 when a generous donor contributed some 4000 books, it will soon see an official re-launching for CFI Canada members and the public.
In the meantime, we need your help:
1) We need ten (10) 6-row bookshelves to ensure all of our titles have space! Do you have a few shelves at home or can you make a gift to help with this capital purchase?
2) We are striking a new library committee. Do you have time to assist in the important process of organizing and maintaining our library?
3) Books! While the CFI Canada library is extensive, we always need additions in areas such as:
- Canadian sociology, politics and culture
- Secularism, atheism, humanism
- History of religion
- Critical thinking
- History and philosophy of science
A few titles we’d very much like to acquire may be noted in this Publisher’s Weekly article by Henry L. Carrigan Jr:
All donations to the CFIC library will be recognized in our annual report and on the book itself.
4) CFI Canada is also interested in receiving donations of items of archival interest that represent our Canadian secular heritage. These will require two lockable display cabinets that we would really appreciate as well.
CFI Canada’s library is entrusted with preserving the literature of secularism, atheism, humanism, free-thought and skepticism in Canada’s finest dedicated secular library.
- Secular, Humanist and Freethought Links
- Grandmother Fish
- Who is CFIC, and what do we do?
- CFIC’s Ethical Perspectives
- CFIC Logo Designs
- HUMAN RIGHTS
- Press Centre
- Secular Humanists and Atheists Grieve With the Nation
- International Human Rights
- SOS: Secular Sobriety
- Centre for Inquiry Globally
- CFIC’s Mission
- CFI Canada 2014: Moving Forward
- Against Quebec’s Bill C21
- CFIC’s Mission, Vision, and Values
- Will You Make a Commitment to Reason and Science Today?
- History of Centre for Inquiry Canada
- Secularism Discussion
- Canada is Repealing its Blasphemy Law
- CFI Canada at the Office of Religious Freedom’s EAC
- Crisis in Nepal: What can we do?
- Welcome members
- February 26 – Avijit Roy Day Honouring Murdered Atheist Writers in Bangladesh
- Thanks for supporting CFI Canada
- CFI Manitoba
- CFI Membership
- Update on Parliamentary Petition e-382 calling for the elimnation of Canada’s anti-blasphemy law
- Canada Deserves Better Than Pope John Paul II Day
- Public Promotion of Religion In Quebec Schools
- In the year 2018, we should not have to say this.
- 2018 Message from the Chair of the Board of Directors
- CFI Condemns Murders at Charlie Hebdo
- Governance Documents
- CFI Canada Student Campus Groups
- Hitchmas 2015
- History and Mandate
- Canada’s Office of Religious Freedom
- Is God a Figment of our Imagination?
- Supreme Court Decision
- Support Secularism in British Columbia
- Atheist Bloggers Risking Their Lives
- CFIDiscourse #1: A Christian in Favour of Atheist Billboards
- Canada’s Standing Committee on Health (HESA): Report 13
- Secular Human Rights Campaigns
- Policy Statements
- CFIC Discourse #5: Blasphemy
- What is CFIC
- How To Help
- Canada’s Blasphemous Libel Law
- Timothy Caulfield coming to Ottawa
- “Mythinformation”: Robert Price vs Bart Ehrman
- From the Cradle to the Grave
- CFIC Discourse
- Become a CFI Canada Student Affiliate