CFIC Library needs your help!
The CFI Canada library is now relocated in the new National Office at 55 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 307. The library is one of our most cherished features. Valued at more than $60,000 in 2008 when a generous donor contributed some 4000 books, it will soon see an official re-launching for CFI Canada members and the public.
In the meantime, we need your help:
1) We need ten (10) 6-row bookshelves to ensure all of our titles have space! Do you have a few shelves at home or can you make a gift to help with this capital purchase?
2) We are striking a new library committee. Do you have time to assist in the important process of organizing and maintaining our library?
3) Books! While the CFI Canada library is extensive, we always need additions in areas such as:
- Canadian sociology, politics and culture
- Secularism, atheism, humanism
- History of religion
- Critical thinking
- History and philosophy of science
A few titles we’d very much like to acquire may be noted in this Publisher’s Weekly article by Henry L. Carrigan Jr:
All donations to the CFIC library will be recognized in our annual report and on the book itself.
4) CFI Canada is also interested in receiving donations of items of archival interest that represent our Canadian secular heritage. These will require two lockable display cabinets that we would really appreciate as well.
CFI Canada’s library is entrusted with preserving the literature of secularism, atheism, humanism, free-thought and skepticism in Canada’s finest dedicated secular library.
- Secular, Humanist and Freethought Links
- Grandmother Fish
- Who is CFIC, and what do we do?
- Secular Community Services
- CFIC’s Ethical Perspectives
- New CFIC Logo Designs
- HUMAN RIGHTS
- SOS: Secular Sobriety
- Secular Humanists and Atheists Grieve With the Nation
- Press Centre
- International Human Rights
- CFI Canada 2014: Moving Forward
- CFI Canada 2014: Moving Forward
- Will You Make a Commitment to Reason and Science Today?
- CFI Canada at the Office of Religious Freedom’s EAC
- Thanks for supporting CFI Canada
- Crisis in Nepal: What can we do?
- February 26 – Avijit Roy Day Honouring Murdered Atheist Writers in Bangladesh
- CFI condemns attacks on religious groups in Egypt
- Press Release – Deny Law School Accreditation to Anti-Gay University
- CFI Manitoba
- CFI Membership
- James Randi in Toronto!
- Canada Deserves Better Than Pope John Paul II Day
- Public Promotion of Religion In Quebec Schools
- Governance Documents
- CFI Condemns Murders at Charlie Hebdo
- CFI Canada Student Campus Groups
- Hitchmas 2015
- History and Mandate
- Welcome to the Centre for Inquiry
- Canada’s Office of Religious Freedom
- Supreme Court Decision
- LGTBQ people not welcome at BC law school
- Atheist Bloggers Risking Their Lives
- CFIDiscourse #1: A Christian in Favour of Atheist Billboards
- Canada’s Standing Committee on Health (HESA): Report 13
- Policy Statements
- CFI US Presents: Women in Secularism III
- Secular Human Rights Campaigns
- How To Help
- Canada’s Blasphemous Libel Law
- Reactions to CFI’s Signs and Billboards
- Timothy Caulfield coming to Ottawa
- From the Cradle to the Grave
- Become a CFI Canada Student Affiliate
- Assisted Dying in Canada: Where Do We Go From Here
- Raif Badawi
- Catholic School Board Breaking the Law, Complaint Alleges
- Spring is late – deadline extended for the Colouring Contest
- STAND UP FOR SCIENCE
- Carl Sagan Day 2014 at CFI Canada!
- 2015/2016 Flu Shot is a Good Idea
- Contact Us