CFIC Library needs your help!
The CFI Canada library is now relocated in the new National Office at 55 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 307. The library is one of our most cherished features. Valued at more than $60,000 in 2008 when a generous donor contributed some 4000 books, it will soon see an official re-launching for CFI Canada members and the public.
In the meantime, we need your help:
1) We need ten (10) 6-row bookshelves to ensure all of our titles have space! Do you have a few shelves at home or can you make a gift to help with this capital purchase?
2) We are striking a new library committee. Do you have time to assist in the important process of organizing and maintaining our library?
3) Books! While the CFI Canada library is extensive, we always need additions in areas such as:
- Canadian sociology, politics and culture
- Secularism, atheism, humanism
- History of religion
- Critical thinking
- History and philosophy of science
A few titles we’d very much like to acquire may be noted in this Publisher’s Weekly article by Henry L. Carrigan Jr:
All donations to the CFIC library will be recognized in our annual report and on the book itself.
4) CFI Canada is also interested in receiving donations of items of archival interest that represent our Canadian secular heritage. These will require two lockable display cabinets that we would really appreciate as well.
CFI Canada’s library is entrusted with preserving the literature of secularism, atheism, humanism, free-thought and skepticism in Canada’s finest dedicated secular library.
- Secular, Humanist and Freethought Links
- Grandmother Fish
- Who is CFIC, and what do we do?
- Secular Community Services
- CFIC’s Ethical Perspectives
- New CFIC Logo Designs
- HUMAN RIGHTS
- SOS: Secular Sobriety
- Press Centre
- Secular Humanists and Atheists Grieve With the Nation
- International Human Rights
- Centre for Inquiry Globally
- CFIC’s Mission
- CFI Canada 2014: Moving Forward
- CFI Canada 2014: Moving Forward
- CFIC’s Mission, Vision, and Values
- Will You Make a Commitment to Reason and Science Today?
- History of Centre for Inquiry Canada
- Canada is Repealing its Blasphemy Law
- CFI Canada at the Office of Religious Freedom’s EAC
- Welcome members
- Crisis in Nepal: What can we do?
- Thanks for supporting CFI Canada
- February 26 – Avijit Roy Day Honouring Murdered Atheist Writers in Bangladesh
- CFI Manitoba
- CFI Membership
- Update on Parliamentary Petition e-382 calling for the elimnation of Canada’s anti-blasphemy law
- James Randi in Toronto!
- Canada Deserves Better Than Pope John Paul II Day
- In the year 2018, we should not have to say this.
- Public Promotion of Religion In Quebec Schools
- 2018 Message from the Chair of the Board of Directors
- Governance Documents
- CFI Condemns Murders at Charlie Hebdo
- CFI Canada Student Campus Groups
- Hitchmas 2015
- History and Mandate
- Canada’s Office of Religious Freedom
- Is God a Figment of our Imagination?
- Supreme Court Decision
- Support Secularism in British Columbia
- Atheist Bloggers Risking Their Lives
- CFIDiscourse #1: A Christian in Favour of Atheist Billboards
- Canada’s Standing Committee on Health (HESA): Report 13
- CFI US Presents: Women in Secularism III
- Policy Statements
- Secular Human Rights Campaigns
- What is CFIC
- CFIC Discourse #5: Blasphemy
- Welcome to the Centre for Inquiry
- Reactions to CFI’s Signs and Billboards
- How To Help
- Canada’s Blasphemous Libel Law
- Timothy Caulfield coming to Ottawa