CFI condemns attacks on religious groups in Egypt
Centre for Inquiry Canada, the premiere Canadian venue for secular humanists, skeptics and freethinkers, joins the Center for Inquiry Transnational in expressing
outrage and dismay at the growing instability in Egypt that has resulted in scores of Christian churches and homes damaged or destroyed, hundreds of people dead, and others detained – many on account of their religious affiliations.
CFI Canada applauds Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird’s statement:
“Canada is deeply concerned by reports overnight of deadly violence in Egypt. We urge all parties to refrain from violence and engage in a meaningful political dialogue for the good of all Egyptians. . . . The two parties must immediately sit down together, reconcile their differences and work tirelessly to halt this deadly standoff.”
Baird urges “all Egyptians to show restraint and resolve in the coming days.”
CFI Canada calls on Canada’s Office of Religious Freedom to work with CFI Canada to oppose violations of freedom of religion, denounce violence against human-rights defenders and condemn attacks on the religious and non-religious in Egypt and around the world.
- Policy Statements
- Canada’s Office of Religious Freedom
- Secular Humanists and Atheists Grieve With the Nation
- Who is CFIC, and what do we do?
- Canada’s Blasphemy Law
- CFI Canada at the Office of Religious Freedom’s EAC
- Spring is late – deadline extended for the Colouring Contest
- CFI Manitoba
- Secularism Discussion
- CFI Condemns Murders at Charlie Hebdo
- What is CFIC
- CFIC Logo Designs
- Governance Documents
- CFI Canada Student Campus Groups
- Membership levels
- History of Centre for Inquiry Canada
- Centre for Inquiry Globally
- CFI to file human rights complaint alleging discrimination by Pattison Outdoor in Vancouver
- Secular, Humanist and Freethought Links
- CFIC Discourse #5: Blasphemy
- HUMAN RIGHTS
- Atheist Bloggers Risking Their Lives
- International Human Rights
- Iceland Removes Blasphemy Law!
- Supreme Court Decision
- Pro-Vaccination Art
- CFIC’s Mission, Vision, and Values
- CFIC Condemns Superstition-based Violence
- Raif Badawi
- Secular Humanists Grieve with the LGBTQ Community of Orlando, FLA
- How To Help
- Welcome to CFI-Victoria
- Press Centre
- Living Without Religion
- Thanks for supporting CFI Canada
- A Call for Justice
- CFI Canada Condemns All Faith-Based Violence
- Canada’s Blasphemous Libel Law
- Welcome members
- Support Secularism in British Columbia
- Secular Human Rights Campaigns
- Canada is Repealing its Blasphemy Law
- February 26 – Avijit Roy Day Honouring Murdered Atheist Writers in Bangladesh
- Will You Make a Commitment to Reason and Science Today?
- Grandmother Fish
- Another Pediatric Death by World View
- About CFIC
- Crisis in Nepal: What can we do?
- Founders of Centre for Inquiry Canada
- CFI Magazines
- Problems with PayPal?
- CFIDiscourse #1: A Christian in Favour of Atheist Billboards
- In the year 2018, we should not have to say this.
- CFIC’s founding principles