Secular Community Services
There’s always a lot happening at CFI Canada. Browse our programs, services and events targeted to engage, educate, support and assist CFI Canada members and clients. Centre For Inquiry Canada is your community for science and secularism.
For all the latest community speaker events and book launches, check out our branch pages, events calendar and our Branch and Event Calendars.
Living Without Religion – Support Groups
Living Without Religion (LWR) is CFI Canada’s peer-led support group for individuals wishing to discuss past and present religious issues and looks at a positive life free of guilt, fear and shame. While the group is still dedicated to dealing with problems and issues revolving around religion, it is also a place for those interested in exploring larger issues in a non-judgmental welcoming atmosphere. It’s a place for people to share their desire to throw away the burden of religious indoctrination and antiquated dogma. Whether you are thinking of leaving your religion or are already living religion free, or you just wish to support others in this quest, join us. It’s open to the public and everyone is welcome to join in!
Currently LWR groups are meeting in:
Skeptics in the Pub is one of our members’ favorite activities. Talk about current science issues or debunk pseudo-science with like-minded individuals. Please check our Branch pages for a skeptics in the pub meeting near you!
- Toronto’s Café Skeptique
Looking for a pub meeting focussed on secularism and atheism? Check our Branch pages for atheist meetups.
The Toronto Branch offers an atheist meetup targeted to the older adult at our office at 55 Eglinton Avenue East Suite 307 on Friday afternoons; call us at 416-971-5676 for more information.
- Ottawa’s Unsermon
- Darwin Day
- Sagan Day
- Solstice and Equinox Events
- Calgary’s Pastafarian Bash
- Toronto’s Winter Equinox Magic Show
- Openly Secular Day
CFIC’s book clubs meet to discuss books ranging from science and philosophy to politics and the paranormal. Don’t forget CFIC operates Canada’s largest dedicated secular library at 55 Eglinton Avenue Suite 307!
Kids For Inquiry
KFI is a program targeted to provide science and evidence-based programming for families with young children.
CFIC at Pride
- CFIC Branches
- Living Without Religion
- CFI Canada at the Office of Religious Freedom’s EAC
- CFI Manitoba
- Secular, Humanist and Freethought Links
- February 26 – Avijit Roy Day Honouring Murdered Atheist Writers in Bangladesh
- Canada’s Office of Religious Freedom
- Welcome to the Centre for Inquiry
- Against Quebec’s Bill C21
- Secular Humanists Grieve with the LGBTQ Community of Orlando, FLA
- Public Promotion of Religion In Quebec Schools
- Is God a Figment of our Imagination?
- How To Help
- HUMAN RIGHTS
- CFIC Logo Designs
- CFIC Library needs your help!
- CFIDiscourse #1: A Christian in Favour of Atheist Billboards
- Atheist Bloggers Risking Their Lives
- Welcome members
- Thanks for supporting CFI Canada
- Welcome to CFI-Victoria
- CFIC Discourse #5: Blasphemy
- CFIC Discourse
- Timothy Caulfield coming to Ottawa
- CFI Canada Board of Directors
- From the Cradle to the Grave
- Secular Human Rights Campaigns
- 2016 CFIC AGM and Elections Notice
- History of Centre for Inquiry Canada
- CFIDiscourse #2: On Pseudo-skepticism and the Vice of Open-Mindedness
- Carl Sagan Day 2014 at CFI Canada!
- Membership levels
- Not Over Yet! Humanists Should Speak out on the Right to Die with Dignity
- CFIC’s Ethical Perspectives
- Secularism Discussion
- In the year 2018, we should not have to say this.
- CFI Canada Student Campus Groups
- The Cave Painter
- Canada’s Blasphemous Libel Law
- Will You Make a Commitment to Reason and Science Today?
- Secular Humanists and Atheists Grieve With the Nation
- History and Mandate
- Critical Links 2018
- CFI Canada 2014: Moving Forward
- Who is CFIC, and what do we do?
- Assisted Dying in Canada: Where Do We Go From Here
- Founders of Centre for Inquiry Canada
- Support Secularism in British Columbia
- Policy Statements
- International Human Rights
- Spring is late – deadline extended for the Colouring Contest
- Raif Badawi
- CFI to file human rights complaint alleging discrimination by Pattison Outdoor in Vancouver