CFI Calgary – Faith on the Plate 2.0 – Dr. Camille D. Ryan
Date: Thursday, October 20th from 7:30-9:00pm
Location: Mount Royal University, Room EA 1024 (Faculty of Arts)
The facts and fiction of food production in an information-rich world.
A skeptic’s guide to the hype around the science of agriculture and food.
What does “organic” mean? Are GM foods “dangerous”?
What are the facts of agriculture and food production?
Dr. Camille D. Ryan
– Social Sciences Lead at Monsanto Company; Professional Affiliate at Bioresource Policy Business and Economics, University of Saskatchewan
See the event page on Meetup.
General Public: $10
CFI Canada Members: Free!
- Calgary Annual Pathway & River Cleanup
- 2016 Calgary Pride Parade
- Unfriending the Future: Motivated Empathy in Science and Political Advocacy by Michael Kruse
- Dr. Richard Carrier – The Scientist in the Early Roman Empire
- What’s happening in Calgary?
- A Talk by Gary Bauslaugh – Assisted Death in Canada – What Went Wrong
- CFI Calgary 1000
- CFI Calgary River cleanup 2015
- LWR – Calgary
- silence of the labs
- Skeptics in The Pub