Catherine Dunphy at CFIC T.O. Wed. Sep. 16th
CFI Canada happily welcomed Catherine Dunphy to our National Office (55 Eglinton Ave E, Suite 307) on Wednesday, September 16th at 7:30pm to read from her book From Apostle to Apostate: The Story of the Clergy Project. It was published by New Atheist publishers, Pitchstone Publishing, in July of this year.
Copies of the book were on offer for Catherine to sign. Admission was FREE for CFI Canada members and $5.00 for non-members. Please check the CFIC Events Page for more upcoming events.
From Apostle to Apostate offers a comprehensive introduction to the Clergy Project, established in 2011 to provide a safe space where clergy who have lost their faith can connect with others facing the exact same questions—often alone and in isolation. Catherine movingly demonstrates, despite the substantial personal and professional challenges non-believing clergy face, for many, a loss of faith has turned out not to be a loss at all—but a gain of newfound community, self-respect, and honesty with themselves and others.
Catherine Dunphy is a founding member and former executive director of the Clergy Project. She is the operations manager for Rational Doubt, a blog where members of the Clergy Project connect with the public. She was trained as a Roman Catholic Chaplain, and she lives in Toronto, Ontario.
- Losing Our Religion Documentary Screening
- Bob Ripley – “Life Beyond Belief”
- Jerry Coyne was at CFIC T.O. on June 10th, 2015
- Richard Carrier at CFIC T.O. Oct. 23rd
- Timothy Caulfield: “Is Gwyneth Paltrow Wrong About Everything?”
- Our Winter Solstice Celebration!
- Tony Ortega & Paulette Cooper: The Unbreakable Miss Lovely
- Knock on Wood: Luck, Chance, and the Meaning of Everything
- CFIC T.O.’s Saturnalia Party & Auction!!!
- The Science of Shakespeare – a talk by Dan Falk
- Raheel Raza presented Honor Diaries
- Pierre Desrochers – “The Locavore’s Dilemma”
- Dr. Ben Goldacre was in Toronto, Sunday May 15th
- Bigfoot lived! at CFIC T.O.
- The Atheist Muslim: with Ali A. Rizvi and Faisal Al Mutar
- Dr. Afzal Upal
- Darwin Day at CFIC Toronto
- Lunch with Dr. Eugenie Scott
- Winter Solstice Fundraising Dinner at CFIC T.O.