Bob Ripley – “Life Beyond Belief”
On Friday, November 21st Bob Ripley, a former Christian apologist and religion columnist, gave an inspiring talk to a full house as to why he is now an Atheist. He is involved with the Clergy Project and CFIC hopes to build a closer relationship with Bob.
In his new book Life Beyond Belief: A Preacher’s Deconversion, Bob tells the story of what led him to take early retirement as well as offering a thoughtful digest of the problems and delusions of religion.
So what would lead the minister of one of Canada’s largest mainline Protestant congregations, a syndicated religion columnist, broadcaster and author of Christian devotional material, to change his mind and become an Atheist? You’ll have to get a copy of the book.
Bob is a graduate of Western University and the University of Toronto. For over three decades he served as an ordained minister including work as Director of Communications for a relief and development organization and the host of a syndicated radio show. During that time he has been a weekly syndicated columnist and author.
- The Science of Shakespeare – a talk by Dan Falk
- Jerry Coyne was at CFIC T.O. on June 10th, 2015
- Dr. Ben Goldacre was in Toronto, Sunday May 15th
- Knock on Wood: Luck, Chance, and the Meaning of Everything
- Richard Carrier at CFIC T.O. Oct. 23rd
- Catherine Dunphy at CFIC T.O. Wed. Sep. 16th
- Timothy Caulfield: “Is Gwyneth Paltrow Wrong About Everything?”
- Losing Our Religion Documentary Screening
- Pierre Desrochers – “The Locavore’s Dilemma”
- Tony Ortega & Paulette Cooper: The Unbreakable Miss Lovely
- Our Winter Solstice Celebration!
- Darwin Day at CFIC Toronto
- Dr. Afzal Upal
- The Atheist Muslim: with Ali A. Rizvi and Faisal Al Mutar
- Lunch with Dr. Eugenie Scott
- Bigfoot lived! at CFIC T.O.